- An all-South American encounter is next for the #WorldCupAtHome
- Colombia reached the quarter-finals for the first time at Brazil 2014
- The hosts had their hands full in their quest for the final four
The knockout phase at the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ began with four of the five remaining South American sides drawn together in a battle for one semi-final place. When Colombia downed Uruguay thanks to James Rodriguez’s FIFA Puskas Award-winning strike and Brazil outlasted Chile with penalty shoot-out heroics, it set up a highly-anticipated quarter-final in Fortaleza.
A Seleção were playing to keep their dream alive of hoisting the World Cup on home soil. Los Cafeteros were in the quarter-finals for the first time, desperate for their dream run to continue. A roaring crowd at Estadio Castelao ratcheted up the intensity.
This sizzling South American meeting will be re-broadcast on Saturday 16 May at 18:00 CET via FIFATV on YouTube. You can also find all 30 previous #WorldCupAtHome full-match features collected in this playlist.
- Tune into FIFATV on YouTube for Brazil-Colombia (Brazil 2014) at 18:00 CET on Saturday 16 May, and get in on the conversation in the live chat during the game
- Follow along for more coverage–including exclusive video–on our Instagram, Facebook and Twitter channels
- Engage with us and other fans on social media using #WorldCupAtHome
- Immediately after the game, vote for your Moment of the Match on Twitter